
A few weeks ago Sadie and I met her friend Zora and family at nearby Drumlin Farm, an Massachusetts Audobon Society sanctuary and working farm.

Sadie at the top of a carved log tower.

Zora's little sister Sofia enjoyed the view as well.

Zora was the only one able to climb up by herself, intrepid girl!

We arrived well in time for a bug exploring session with one of the farm's experts. Fearless Sadie is holding a daddy long legs we found.

Our guide pointed out lots of interesting insects, spiders and more and I was able to get this great shot of a hummingbird moth. That's right, this is a moth not a bird!
Shortly thereafter we met our neighborhood chicken, in this case a rooster.
Back at school, Sadie is running through the "car wash" to keep cool in the hot summer morning.
A return trip to the Natural History Museum where we explored the giant skulls (I think this is an elephant).
No comments:
Post a Comment