3.10.2009

Overdue wishes?

Due date has come and gone and still things are pretty quiet in here. Jacob and I enjoyed the beautiful weekend weather walking around, running a few errands, doing the last little bit of tidying around the house. Nothing left to do now but wait.

I'm not very good at waiting, so last night we went to our regular Trivia Night and nearly won, if it weren't for the very last question (a case where Jacob's political knowledge was too great, if you can believe it).

Luckily I have one more project, a quilt I've pieced and now need to sew together. Perhaps that's what I'll do this evening.

Oh yeah, and those pesky taxes.

I've looked into many of "natural" induction techniques. In particular, eating tropical fruits and basil are supposed to help move things along. Perhaps it's all hooey, but I like pesto and fruits (not together, of course), so no skin off my back to indulge.

We do have a traffic hearing scheduled for Thursday (contesting a parking ticket wrongfully issued (of course)). I'm torn between wanting to reschedule because I'll be in the hospital, or hoping the baby waits just long enough for me to go in there, tell them I'm four days over due, and have the whole matter dismissed.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shelley,

Happy to read that things are going well. Maybe this is the time to tell you that I waited about 15 days after the due date, before delivering all three of my children. Long days to wait, but still to enjoy! take walks, rest and try to relax.

Let me know if you need anything or if you still like to come for a relaxing tea.

Very ebst,
angela