We've kept pretty busy over the past month. Here are some highlights of our weekend and holiday adventures:

My sunshine girl.

Experimenting with asparagus ice cream at Journeyman. Not a huge success, but the rabbit two ways was a big hit, as was the fish and the homemade macarons. I'll hand it to her, Sadie took one bite of everything!

Setting up the blanket like a checkerboard.

My new shoulder bag, acquired at a craft fair in Union Square, which is also the home of a weekly farmers' market that generally has live bands playing. That's Sadie's favorite part.

Sometimes we run into friends from school.

Sometimes we make new friends.

One hot day we met up with Zooey, Chau and
Eric to see the tall ships docked for Harborfest.

We never did make it
to see the tall ships but Sadie and Zooey found a common love of
climbing and swinging through the hand rails along the harbor walk.

There were burgers & frappes at Bartley's with Nana and Papa.

She discovered books about ants with dad at the library.

We brave three even ventured to the beach at Castle Island.

Sadie hunted the hermit crabs and insisted on picking them up. Eventually one bit her. That ended the day, but I'm sure next time she'll be right back there picking them up again.

We picnicked in the park to celebrate Fatima's 6 month birthday.



Sometimes we just stay home and played. The girl knows how to lounge.


Fourth of July was a relatively uneventful day - besides posing in front of our neighbor's awesome flag, I think we went grocery shopping.

One day we went to Ava's birthday party. It was a wild animal theme - check out those homemade cupcakes!

There was even a giant inflatable monkey.

I don't think a day goes by that we don't tell Sadie, once again, NOT to pick up the ants ("but I'm just putting them back in their homes"). Sigh. Better than being afraid of them, I suppose.

Other than that, there's been lots of playing games (chess, simplified cribbage, memory), building blocks (mostly duplos, but really all types) and cooking in the kitchen (real and pretend). She's even just starting to count and read "in her brain" (as in, not aloud). That's my girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment