Around mid-August Sadie finished up her summer session at school and shortly thereafter we headed to NYC for the Gift Fair and our semi-annual visit with the Barandes clan.

Jacob toted along for the first weekend and one glorious evening we had a sunset dinner down by the waterfront.

Sadie is completely in love with stickers, and we came armed with sticker books. One was more of a coloring book which I managed to get her to be interested in. She's amazing at coloring in the lines already (not that I'm fussy at all about that sort of thing, but still).

This is me all tidy looking after a day at the show, with a new haircut to boot. I think just past eight months.
Sadie spent two whole nights up at the townhouse with Bubbie and fam - the longest trip away from either Jacob or I. She barely seemed to miss us, but I think having a skype date on the phone helped so she could see me and tell me all about her day.

Back at the apartment she was a busy bee with puzzle, stickers, building boats out of blocks and general silliness.


Out for a night walk and gelato with Grandpa.

Books!

Climbing on things and making forts.

And "winning" at Candyland with Bubbie. In the past month she's not only learned the point of winning but become a bit fixated on winning, and loves playing games. On the one hand I'm glad she has a competitive desire - it's a good drive to excel in general. On the other, we'll have to start teaching her that other people have to win sometimes, too. It's a work in progress. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment