6.06.2012

The budding artiste

Last weekend we headed to the MFA for an afternoon. There were a few exhibits I wanted to catch, but Sadie got totally engaged in drawing the art she saw around her - especially some of the African tribal art.


She is in the process of drawing the circle "boobs" onto the tummy.


I love the squiggly top knot hair she drew on this guy.


The zebra stripes were the first lines drawn here (alternating in light and dark brown), overlaid with the square shapes of the eyes, nose and mouth (which you can make out at the top center).



Regarding the flamingo before laying down her lines and shapes, then signing her work. She decided those little flamingos in the background were baby flamingos still inside the mommy's tummy. Real life influencing art, I guess.


A reflective family self-portrait while we break for a snack.

 

One of the galleries set up for a wedding (what a setting!).

 

Jacob finds a favorite image in the Allure of Japan special exhibit. I found lots of inspiration here as well for a new collection of cards I'll be working on for next year.

This last one isn't from our MFA trip, but earlier in the week. I though it fitting to include though. Sadie draws a ladybug. I'm so impressed and proud of her drawing skills. I hope she keeps it up!

No comments: