The big present from Mimi and Papi was a dollhouse. We knew it was coming but were shocked to see it was as big as she was!

Sadie. Loves. This. Dollhouse.
I love that it's relatively unfinished inside, so we can make our own wallpaper and rugs, and change them at our pleasure (I mean, what's the point of a studio full of decorative papers if you can't use them to decorate a dollhouse, right?).

First she examined all of the furniture, stacking, moving, and setting up her people on the chairs and in the beds, both in and out of the house.
The three little bears (Happy Meal toys saved from my own childhood) own the house and after furniture exploration 1.0 was complete, Mama Bear went up and down the stairs many times.

We left the house with Mimi and Papi for now, until I can figure out whether we can make room for it at our apartment. Some creative rearranging and furniture swapping (helloooo Ikea!) might just make it possible, though I'm not how a giant dollhouse speaks to the rest of our living room decor.

The balloons from the Boyer party followed us to Mimi and Papi's where they were fully enjoyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment