9.07.2011

Many milestones marked on our path

Milestones abound in the Barandes house this past week.


Last Tuesday Jacob successfully defended his dissertation and became a PhD. Immediately thereafter he began his new job as a lecturer on physics at Harvard. During the reception Sadie demonstrated to everyone some of the finer points on relativity.

 

On Friday I had an invitation suite published in Martha Stewart Weddings magazine. It's the lead photograph in the story. All of the work for this was done way back in March and April, so it's exciting to finally see it all in print! Look, they turned my plaid into a chocolate!


Just yesterday Sadie started her first day of preschool. She has taken to it like a fish to water, and has totally bonded with one of her teachers, Jackie (above). Today was her first day alone, and she didn't even look twice when I left. After I picked her up she told me all about her day and the many things she did - puzzles, play-dough, dancing, chalking (Sadie-speak for drawing with chalk). I saw as much and more by the orange chalk on her dress, corn starch in her hair, and the dirt on her pants. Looks like we'll be going back to two-outfit days.


On and beyond we go!

No comments: