5.23.2009

We made it!

After weeks of crazy days and nights hard at work, I managed to drag all of us in one piece to New York for the National Stationery Show. Sadie made her grand debut (she was even blogged about here and here) and it was all a grand success.



(I even found time for a haircut - the first in over a year)



Of course we couldn't have done it without the help of the whole Barandes clan. Here's Sadie with Gramps and Bubbie while at the Show. You can't see it in these shots, but she's sporting super-cute "Property of Albertine Press" onesies made for us by QRST's.





Of course Sadie not only met hundreds of new folk at the show, but met some other very important people (our friends!) while in the city. Here she is with Erin.



And laughing at her daddy.



And finally sleeping like a baby in her pretty flower dress.


Thank you everyone for a lovely (if exhausting) week.

We're nearly back to normal here in Boston again. She's finally going "down" for naps instead of being held all day (which is fine unless I need both hands for computer work). And though bedtime seems to be creeping earlier and earlier, knock on wood, she still sleeps until a nearly reasonable hour in the morning.

A few new skills for the week (I'll see if I can capture them on film later):
1. She is now successfully grabbing her skwish toy and bringing it to her mouth to suck on.

I love this toy and have one for home and one for the office. It's not only great for her because it's easy to hold and safe to chew on (she really loves it) but it's so pretty and makes the most satistfying clacking noise. I highly recommend this as a gift for any new baby (or parents).

2. Those chunky legs are rather strong and Sadie loves to show off by "standing" with our help.

3. Not a skill but we're finding that she rather likes being in the Baby Bjorn Babysitter Balance (say that three times fast) and spinning the little wooden toys round. I might have to find another used one for the office.

Today Grandma and Grandpa Boyer came for a visit and looked after the little one (I know, torture) while Jacob and I went out to a movie (Star Trek - thoroughly entertaining). It was a nice outing though we were glad to get back to our sweet petunia.

No comments: