10.17.2008

Month 5 Checkup

Thursday morning we had our latest check-in (or weigh-in, as I like to call it) with the doc. Appointments at this time last about seven minutes. Blood pressure taken, pee collected, weight checked, heartbeat heard, and a rundown of any symptoms or questions I might have (none and none).

The only issue that arose is my glucose screening for next month. I'm supposed to drink a sugar water (which they gave me to take home) 45 minutes before the blood test. The only problem - it's carbonated. I can't bring myself to swallow anything carbonated and making it "flat" doesn't work for me. The nurse is looking into alternatives; there appears to be some secret number of jellybeans that I can eat in lieu of the drink. Fingers crossed.

Stats:
  • weight gain - two pounds since last month (pants still fit, unless I'm sitting down and have just eaten - though there's definitely a bump now)
  • blood pressure - normal
  • whatever they check for in the pee - normal
  • results from last week's ultrasound - normal

No comments: