9.12.2008

First trimester recap

Since we didn't spread the good word until after the first three months were up, I thought I'd give a little rundown of the first trimester symptoms everyone asks after:
  • Morning sickness: none at all (thanks for the genes, Mom!)
  • Food cravings & aversions: not really, except for this one bean empanada which was not my friend...
  • Mood swings: nope (at least that's what Jacob insists when I ask)
  • Fatigue: you bet (three weeks of barely being able to pull myself off the couch in the evenings - thank goodness for Rice Krispies and bananas, and husbands who can do dishes)
  • Headaches: oh yeah (but I always get headaches, so who knows if these are anything new)
  • Weight gain: none (although my normal belly fat has shifted up and out)
Mostly it was just a whole lot of tiredness with an extra dose of sinus headache thrown in. Then one day I woke up with renewed energy, as if nothing had happened at all. Hooray for the second trimester!

No comments: